Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Craft My Ride Part 2

This was actually supposed to be a necklace for my website, but I decided my car would like to wear jewelry too. :) I made this Our Lady of Guadalupe to hang from my rear view window. Please be sure to check out my website for the actual necklace! www.urbanconstruction.etsy.com

I like to be prepared for anything, including a bad hair day. I keep a lot of "in case of emergency" toiletries and supplies in my car (including even a mini hair dryer that fits in the palm of my hand). I needed something cute to keep all of these supplies in, so I made this little pouch. I made a collage from magazines and clear contact paper. I covered both sides in the contact paper, and then turned it into a pouch with Velcro closure. I love it, and it's so easy to use and throw back into the back seat!

I have a little mini trash can in my car, but I also needed something for my recyclables. I made this little hanging trash bag with this cute retro tattoo fabric, lined in black vinyl. That way, if I leave a few drops of soda in a can, I don't have to worry about my cute pink fabric getting ruined!

This was also part of the Stitch - n- Bitch pattern that went along with the steering wheel cover. The fuzzy dice actually hang in the back seat, off the head rest on the passenger side. Don't ask why...it's a long story involving a joke with a few of my friends and my cat.


Please be sure to take a look at my Etsy shop and MySpace! www.urbanconstruction.etsy.com and www.myspace.com/urbanconstruction

No comments: